top of page

Amplifying the Patient Voice

throughout the healthcare, regulatory and public policy arenas and across the research continuum!

For the past 43 years, the Lupus and Allied Diseases Association, Inc., has been providing education, support, and outreach services for people impacted by lupus and allied diseases while wielding the patient voice as a catalyst to advance awareness, advocacy and research initiatives.  

For the Fiscal Year ending on September 30, 2022 our organization's administrative costs were less than 1.0% leaving more than 99.0% of every dollar raised going directly to our Program Services!


It is our hope that if you have lupus and/or an allied disease or love someone with lupus that you will use this website and our programs as tools to become empowered to take control and learn to manage the disease to live life to the fullest. We know firsthand that lupus and allied diseases do not just affect an individual, but also impact family, friends and others close to you.

Know that we are here for you and your loved ones as we all continue on our lupus journeys.

What's New

A Beautiful Day to Break Records at the Lupus Charity Golf Classic


LADA's 23rd Annual Lupus Charity Classic was held on Thursday, August 17, 2023 at the stunning Shenendoah Clubhouse and Golf Club at Turning Stone Resort and Casino in Verona, NY. The event was a great success with 34 teams participating and raising over $182,000 in gross proceeds to fund our advocacy, awareness, education and research programs. Click here to learn more


Lupus Research Honor

LADA's Board of Directors and Supporters celebrated May as Lupus Awareness Month at the Masonic Medical Research Institute (MMRI) on May 19, 2023 while the MMRI launched their new Center of Excellence in Immunology & Rheumatology Research Lab named in honor of LADA. They were joined by federal, state and local policymakers to promote lupus awareness and research. Click here to learn more.

Lupus Awareness Month 2023


LADA traveled to Albany along with the other Lupus Agencies of New York state groups on May 3, 2023 to be recognized in the Assembly and Senate Chambers of the state capitol. We thank Assemblyman Fred Thiele and Senator Joseph Griffo for continuing to sponsor the resolutions recognizing May as Lupus Awareness Month each year. Click here to learn more


World Lupus Day Celebrated with Hats on 4 Lupus


LADA celebrated on May 10th as World Lupus Day (WLD) by promoting our Annual WLD Tea and Hats on 4 Lupus While You Brew Up Your Inner Warrior event. It's not too late to Pour yourself a cup of tea or beverage of your choice, put on a hat and snap a photo and send to us for our gallery. Click here to learn more

A Fall Filled with Patient Voices


LADA has been diligent in our efforts this Fall to improve access to care and quality of life for people with lupus and allied diseases by fostering collaboration among stakeholders, promoting unity in the community, and wielding the patient voice as a catalyst to advance innovative advocacy, education, awareness and biomedical research initiatives. Click here to learn more

Statistic calculating

Groundbreaking Health Economic Assessments Initiative


LADA is excited to share results of our groundbreaking survey of U.S. based patient advocacy organizations to gauge their knowledge and experience concerning participation in Health Economic Assessments (HEAs) and the types of resources or support they might need to consider participating in future HEAs.  Click here to learn more

unnamed (1).jpg

A Record Year in Lupus Research Support  


LADA is thrilled to share that we  continued to expand our lupus research program investments in 2022 even after making 2021 a record year of giving to lupus research. We are honored to have supported an incredible $450,200.00 in lupus research grants, bringing our overall total to $1,848,324.00 since 1990. Click here to learn more

Lupus Education Symposium and Luncheon Road Show


Our Lupus Education Symposium & Luncheon went on the road again in Boston and Chicago in October of 2022, and in Detroit in April 2023. The programs featured clinical research experts, people with lupus and their loved ones discussing lupus research, patient journeys and perspectives, healthcare access, and care partnering. Exhibit booths and resources were included. Click here to learn more


LADA Continues to Support the Lupus Research Memorial Fund in Honor of Dr. Marc Chevrier


LADA continues to support the Marc R. Chevrier, MD, PhD, FACR Lupus Research Memorial Fund at the Rheumatology Research Foundation to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Marc Chevrier with an additional $30,000. Known as a pioneering researcher and passionate advocate for improving the care of people with lupus and other autoimmune diseases, Marc was fondly referred to as Papa Lupus by the patient community. He was devoted to his loving family and many lifelong friends. Click here to learn more

bottom of page